Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More Boat Details...

Here it is with the exaggerated rake [backward angle] in the mast to keep the sail in the same position as the old step position. Too much rake in my opinion--the weight of the sail is pulling down on the mast awkwardly and making it bend slightly, putting too much stress on it.













So I adjusted it some--this is about the same rake it had before (maybe a little bit more). I still think the center of effort on the sail looks to be about over the place where the lee-board will be, so I think we're in good shape.















Here's a view from the front...























...and one of the transom--I like how the varnished wood looks from 20 feet away! (Up close you can see more errors...)

















Finally, I realized as I was coming out the back door with the camera that I'd have few opportunities to get a bird's eye view of my boat!

No comments: