Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tomatoey-Basil Yumminess

Lately my favorite way to cook is just to make things up as I go and eyeball how much/little of something to put in. The problem with this is that when I try to replicate it, often I can't get it quite the same and it never ends up living up to my memory of the original yumminess.

Tonight I made a tomato-basil pasta that was delish (may have something to do with the fact that this is only the 3rd day I haven't been nauseous in NINE weeks and pasta was a definite no during that time!). Here's an approximate recipe so I can make it again:

-2 Tbsp butter
-1 onion (diced)
-2 tsp minced garlic
-1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
-1/3 cup white wine
-1 tsp Better Than Bouillon (chicken)
-2 sprigs fresh basil (sliced)

Saute onions and garlic in butter. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10-15 min. Serve over whole wheat penne pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: