Friday, February 05, 2010

The Birth Story (because some of you have asked, and because I'm already forgetting...)

So we’d been hoping all along that Ellie would come after her due date, Jan 28th. The two main reasons were that 1) we were in the middle of a bathroom renovation, and 2) the longer I could work before she was born meant less time I’d have to return to finish out the school year. So I had really convinced myself that she was going to come late. She had other plans, however.

(Click here to keep reading...warning: it's long!)



4 comments:

we are the spencers said...

fantastic birth story! very inspiring. i am so proud of you for doing all your research and sticking with your plan. how awesome! i love it when women read, prepare, and plan and just become knowledgeable about what to expect and what they want. hope everything is still going great for you all!

Mark, Marci, Zoe and Norah said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, it is very inspiring to read for someone who will be going through this in a few short months : )
-marci

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I love how each birth story is entirely different but similar enough that we can read something and be somewhat prepared by it (like you said). I'm so proud of you for going natural- so rare now a days and so much better for mom & baby as far as I can tell!
Love you guys and hope to see you soon!
Janette

Elisa said...

Congratulations, Abby! Thanks for the story--now Ellie will have her story forever. And what a BEAUTIFUl baby!